SKOLKOVO is an innovative world-class business school with an established international faculty and a clear focus on the developing markets. SKOLKOVO was founded by 18 Russian and international leading companies and individuals, all united by the idea that these markets need professionals raised and educated in one of the developing countries, in a business school that provides a solid theoretical base and all the necessary practical skills for a successful career in emerging economies. The SKOLKOVO founders are deeply involved in the learning process and act as personal mentors, which allows students to create a network with top-level business elite.
* SKOLKOVO MBA UNIQUE FEATURES AT A GLANCE:
- SKOLKOVO MBA students complete 4 projects for real corporations, state authorities and charities in Russia, China/India and the USA to achieve a 3600 experience.
- SKOLKOVO MBA students develop a start-up project. Outstanding start-ups will be financed by the School’s Venture Fund.
- The SKOLKOVO MBA guarantees unrivalled opportunities for personal and professional growth along with extensive networking.
Each student has a mentor - one of the founding partners, a distinguished leader with great expertise in launching projects.
The SKOLKOVO MBA is one-of-a-kind worldwide. It aims to promote and strengthen the unique leadership and entrepreneurial qualities that will empower students to start their own businesses.
MBA PROGRAMME STRUCTURE: The SKOLKOVO MBA Programme starts in September with 4 months of lectures hosted by world-class professors. Lectures are followed by real projects (approximately 2 months each):
- Public sector project in Russia that aims to establish a vast network in the Russian public sector, to broaden understanding of the specific nature of state authorities, the mind-set of those working in government and to acquire the ability to deal with state authorities to best advantage.
- Corporate project in India/China that offers an exploration of corporate culture and the business reality in a Chinese or Indian company or charity.
- Corporate project in Russia that allows a comparison to be drawn with the experience gained in China/India and to explore the Russian corporate world and the issues it faces.
- Corporate project in the USA that provides a 3600 business experience.
- Start-up project – the final milestone of the MBA Programme. Students present a start-up business plan and have the chance to receive funding from the SKOLKOVO $100 million Venture Fund.
* Candidate profile:
- 2 to 3-years experience in a managerial position or in launching/owning a business
- Fluent English
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Driven to reach challenging objectives
Every class is designed to maximize on diversity. Candidates are sought from different backgrounds, with varied experience and nationalities. The SKOLKOVO MBA is truly international.
Kane Cuenant (Canada): “Despite the reputation of many North American schools, I did not believe they showed as much promise in terms of opportunity to go beyond the mainstream consulting and finance positions in developed countries. And Chinese and Indian schools were impractical because they mostly copied US business schools’ MBA models, rather than focusing on gaining practical knowledge about their own emerging markets.
SKOLKOVO encompassed all the good qualities of the other schools, plus a few other factors not typically seen. That is, the ability to spend most of the time working with real projects in emerging markets, personal mentoring by successful people, and a very personalized MBA development path.
At SKOLKOVO, companies, staff, professors and even the founders participate in mentoring MBA students’ individual development goals. Through these cases, students gain major networks of their own choosing, without any networking hurdles”.
What would you tell our future students about SKOLKOVO?
Catherine Harwood (Australia): “Great energy, great exposure to business leaders, great combination of lecturers from diff erent business schools and such a wide variety of learning methods”.
Sebastian Schauman (Finland): “Unique project, international, Russia exposure, non-academic, entrepreneurship in focus”.